Payment Options

Forms of money

If your wages are not withheld from your paycheck by your employer, or you need to make a lump sum payment, you have the following options to pay your child support order:

Option 1: 

Send payments directly to the State Disbursement Unit (SDU), Rhode Island's Payment Processing Center.

That address is:

Rhode Island Family Court
c/o RI Child Support Payment Service Unit
P.O. Box 5073
Hartford, Connecticut 06102-5073

Please include your case or docket number on the check or money order. Payment processing will be delayed if a payment is sent without a case identifier.

Option 2: 

Pay with a Credit Card. 

To make a child support payment by using a credit card click here.

Option 3: 

Make a child support payment with a debit card. 

Non-custodial parents may register or make an online debit card payment.

Option 4: 

Employers: Set up the Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT) Process.

Employers can send payments with their account and routing number by clicking here.