Do Not Make Direct Payments

If your child support order requires you to make payments through the State Disbursement Unit / Rhode Island Family Court and you send your child support payment directly to the other parent, we will not know about the payment and our records will indicate that you did not pay.

As a result, our automated enforcement actions may go into effect and you could be subject to actions such as seizure of your bank account or income tax refund, revocation of your driver's or professional license, or a lien on your property.

If your child support payments are not being made by wage assignment, you must send your child support payments directly to the State Disbursement Unit c/o RI Child Support Payment Service Unit, P.O. Box 5073, Hartford, Connecticut 06102-5073.  Payments should be made by check or money order, payable to the RI Family Court.

Additional Topics (Choose from the following)